Missouri Qui Tam Lawyer
Experienced & Responsive Legal Services for Whistleblowers
If a private citizen in the state of Missouri has information about a company defrauding a government entity, he/she can file a lawsuit against the offender. This type of legal action is known as a “qui tam” lawsuit under the False Claims Act (FCA). A whistleblower (or relator) can recover between 15 percent and 30 percent of the overall award or settlement from the lawsuit.
What Is a Qui Tam Lawyer?
A qui tam lawyer bases their practice on an ancient process in general law that permits a relator to execute a lawsuit for the government and receive a reward. If their lawsuit is successful, the relator can receive a whistleblower award.
At Riggan Law Firm, LLC, our Missouri based lawyers are dedicated to helping whistleblowers obtain the most favorable outcome. Our legal team understands the complexities of qui tam claims and has the trial-tested experience to protect your rights and best interests throughout the legal process.
Our law firm for whistleblowers handle the following types of qui tam cases:
- Healthcare fraud – Medicare and Medicaid Fraud committed by hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare providers, including Medicare or Medicaid billing of unnecessary procedures, illegal drug marketing practices by pharmaceutical companies, etc..
- Bank and mortgage fraud – Bankers submit fraudulent claims based on wrongful foreclosures for government insurance.
- Education fraud – For-profit higher institutions that violate student loan rules to improperly recruit students to gain income.
- Other types of government fraud – From national defense fraud to underpayments to the government.
Do not hesitate to contact our Missouri qui tam attorneys today at (314) 684-8406 and request a free consultation.
False Claims Act
The FCA was enacted by President Abraham Lincoln to protect the government and Union Army from fraudulent practices by some suppliers. It is now used as a powerful tool to fight fraud against the government and has been used to successfully prosecute many cases and recover hundreds of millions of dollars from taxpayers.
Qui tam is a shorthand for a Latin phrase that means “[he] who sues on behalf of the king as well as for himself.” Such provisions existed during the Middle Ages in England and ultimately resulted in the enactment of the False Claims Act in the United States.
The following are the most common types of government-related fraud:
- Overbilling the government
- Committing fraud to secure a government contract
- False statements made on contracts and forms
- Failing to follow government contracts
- Failing to pay owed money to the government
- Conspiring with another person or party to commit fraud against the government
Ready to Help You Immediately
Our Missouri qui tam attorneys can guide you through all the steps of the legal process and protect you from retaliation. We will go through great lengths to get the justice and monetary relief you deserve.
If you have information about a company defrauding a government entity contact us today at (314) 684-8406, or fill out our online case evaluation form.
Why Choose Riggan Law, LLC?
Attentive Communication with Every Client
Award-Winning Legal Defense
Avvo Rated 9.5
Over 30 Years of Combined Experience